Located in the South Central of Vietnam, Da Nang has all the things you need: mountains, plains, and seas. There are many famous places to visit, such as Ba Na tourist site, My Khe beach and “Fantasy Park” indoor amusement park. Da Nang is also famous for its breathtaking scenery: Hai Van pass, Primary forests at Son Tra peninsula, Ngu Hanh Son. Especially, Da Nang is surrounded by three cultural heritages: Hue, Hoi An, My Son, and a little further away: Phong Nha – Ke Bang national parks. Every year, Da Nang organizes a firework festival that attracts many tourists from all around the world.
Da Nang, My Khe Beach. Credit: bestie21
Aside from its beauty and attractions, Da Nang also has the position advantage, meaning any kind of transportation can get you there. You can travel by plane, train, coach, motorbike…
- Train: Estimated traveling time from Ha Noi or Sai Gon to Da Nang is about 14-20 hours base on transportation method and departure (Sai Gon is way further from Da Nang than Ha Noi)
- Airplane: Ticket cost from Ha Noi to Da Nang is ranging from 700.000 VND to 2.200.000 VND, based on the airlines. It takes about 1 hour 30 minutes to reach Da Nang ( The same for Sai Gon- Da Nang)
- Coach: Most of the coach travel to Da Nang is on North-South route. Ticket cost and quality are not much difference between each firm, here are some recommendation: Hoang Long, Mai Linh, HLink, Thuan Thao, Phuong Trang, Sinh Cafe…
Once you reach Da Nang, there are many types of transportation too:
- Motorbike: Convenient, and easy to explore Da Nang. You can rent a motorbike at the hotel or a motorbike renting point, the cost is about 90.000 VND to 150.000 VND/motorbike/day
- Taxi: Here are some popular taxi firm in Da Nang
- Mai Linh – (0511). 220.127.116.11
- Hang Khong – (0511).18.104.22.168
- Song Han – (0511).22.214.171.124
- Vinasun Green – (0511).126.96.36.199
Time and Weather
Due to being a city located in South Centre, Da Nang have a typical tropical monsoon climate, high temperature. There are 2 distinct seasons each year: Rainy season ( from August to December) and Dry season (from January to July). To avoid the rainy season, February to December is the ideal time to visit Da Nang. Furthermore, from January to April is better because Da Nang atmosphere is cool this time, with no storm and service cost are cheaper than from June to August.
Da Nang, Sun Wheel. Credit: changsujam
*Sightseeing: Relics, Beaches, and many interesting places to visit
Central Area: Thanh Khe and Hai Chau district
- Champa Museum of Sculpture: the only museum in the world that saving the Cham culture, along with relics of Old Champa Kingdom
Champa Museum of Sculpture. Credit: aimeeimber
- Song Han rotating bridge: built across Bach Dang street, connecting Hai Chau district with Son Tra district. the rotating bridge is the honor and pride of Da Nang people. The bridge becomes even more magnificent and beautiful when the night came. The special thing is, true to its name, at night time, the bridge will rotate 90 degrees for large vessels to pass through. The Committee of Da Nang has announced that from 14/10/2015, the rotated time will be adjusted earlier so that tourist can enjoy the sight much more comfortable
- Therefore, the bridge will rotate from 23:00 to 24:00 during Monday and Sunday every week ( 1 hour earlier than before). At the same time, suspending all the traffic across the bridge 15 minutes before the bridge started to rotate, until it stopped
Song Han rotating bridge. Credit: datrom
- Dragon bridge: Inaugurated in 2013, built to connect the Da Nang airport to My Khe and Non-Nuoc beach. “The Dragon” on the bridge can even breath fire and water every 21:00 on Saturday, Sunday and holidays
Dragon Bridge. Credit: Khanh Nguyen
- Con market: the biggest trading area of Da Nang and the Central Viet Nam. The tourist that come to Con market nowadays is not only for shopping but also for sightseeing.
- Location: Con market located in Hai Chau II ward, Hai Chau district, Hung Vuong – Ong Ich Khiem intersection
Son Tra Peninsula/ Nui khi ( Monkey mountain):
Located 10 kilometers to the East of the city center, Son Tra peninsula is often deemed as “a beautiful jewel”, with a long coast, and a diverse ecosystem. The peninsula lies within Thọ Quang ward, Son Tra district with total 4.439 hectares of land. There are many coasts here, along with Hai Van pass surrounding the city and Da Nang Bay
- Linh Ung pagoda: the biggest pagoda in Da Nang city, both in scale and art perspective
Budha statue, Linh Ung Pagoda. Credit: obama_danang
- Suoi Tien and Suoi Da: two beautiful, pristine springs lie in Son Tra mountain, one of the most popular places to stop by and have a rest in any Son Tra tour
- Bai But ( But bay): hiding in a narrow strait, Bai But is the harmony of the sea and the mountain
Bai But. Credit: Panagiotis
Beautiful beaches in the east of Da Nang city
- My Khe beach: Located 3 kilometers away from Da Nang city, across the Song Han rotating bridge, head straight to Pham Van Dong main road about 1,5 kilometers to the east, you will reach My Khe. The beach is famous for its soft white sand, peaceful wave with warm water every year, along with many lines of the coconut tree. Especially, My Khe was voted as one of the most attractive beaches of all the planet by Forbes
View from My Khe Beach. Credit: grgrgrshark
- Pham Van Dong beach: A public beach with the overall budget up to 12 billion VND, is popular with both local and tourist. Location: Phuoc My ward, Son Tra district, at The East Sea Park
- Bac My An beach: located in the north of Bac My An Ward, Ngu Hanh Son district, Da Nang. White sand, pure clean water, and stable temperature is the features of the beach
Bac My An beach. Credit: viettravelguide
With the hotel system along with all the beautiful beaches in Nha Trang, you don’t have to worry about anything, just relax and enjoy the holiday with your family and friend. As one of the biggest tourist city in the country, Da Nang welcomed many many tourists, both domestic and foreign, to the peaceful atmosphere of the beaches and the highest quality hotels. Come to Da Nang to feel the love of the sea in every breath
Ngu Hanh Son (Five Mountains) area:
- Tam Thai pagoda: lies in the west of Thuy son peek (one of five mountains of Ngu Hanh Son)
- Non-Nuoc stone crafting village: where marble crafting art take place, famous in both national and international. Location: Hoa Hai Ward, Ngu Hanh Son district
Non-Nuoc stone crafting village. Credit: valeriasolianik
- Non-Nuoc beach: The length of the beach is 5 kilometers, with many pine hills below Ngu Hanh Son. White sand, steady wave, unpolluted water, clean and pure is the main attraction of this beach
Away from city center:
- Ba Na- Nui Chua: belong to Hoa Vang ward, about 40 kilometers to the North West from Da Nang. In Ba Na, you can feel 4 distinct seasons within the same day: morning- spring, noon- summer, evening- autumn and night- winter. This is one of the most famous tourist sites in Da Nang
Ba Na Hills. Credit: _aslan_1710
- Hai Van pass: where the Truong Son (Annamite Range) reach out to the ocean. Craggy and dangerous, Hai Van pass is the border between The North and The South
Hai Van Pass. Credit: v.tins
- Cam Ne mat village: Located 14 kilometers to the South West of Da Nang city, Cam Ne mat village lies within Hoa Tien commune, Hoa Vang ward, Da Nang city. This place, long ago, has been famous for its traditional mat, that appears in the palace under king Nguyen’s reign
- Tuy Loan village: located in Hoa Phong commune, Hoa Vang district, 15 kilometers away from the city center. Tuy Loan village age is more than 500. After reaching the village, you must try many types of specialty ricepaper, as well as the famous Quang style noodle
Gieng Troi ( The well of the sky)
Gieng Troi lies within the preservation site of Ba Na- Nui Chua, Da Nang, where the famous Ba Hills tourist site is located. The beautiful wilderness is the main inspiration for backpacking tourism, along with trekking, hiking, camping,…
Depart from the parking lot of Ba Na cable car site, you must travel 7,5 kilometers of high pass road to reach this point.
Gieng Troi. Credit: cun.min
Nam O reefs: From Nam O village (Hoa Hiep Nam ward, Lien Chieu District, Da Nang- between Da Nang and Hai Van pass) about 2 kilometers to the South East, there is a reef called Nam O by the locals.
Quang style- noodle
Open in the morning from 9 AM to 10 AM on Hoang Dieu, Phan Thanh, Trung Nu Vuong, Hoang Hoa Tham street, Some places on Nguyen Huu Tho, Nguyen Cong Tru street even serve 24/24. The price is different for each place, ranging from 13.000 to 25.000 VND/ bowl, depends on the size, rice paper cost 3.000 VND for each. Some recommendations: 1A Hai Phong, ba Vi (Vi grandma), Trung Nu Vuong. Price: 20.000- 30.000 VND/ bowl.
Quang style- noodle. Credit: anuong.net
Nam O Fish Salad
To eat this cuisine, you need to go to Nam O for the best taste. However, you can still find some alternatives in Nguyen Tat Thanh or Nam O bridge with 40.000 VND
Grilled fish noodle
The one in Hoang Dieu street serves from 7:00 to 21:00. Another one serves all night long that lies in Hung Vuong street. Then there are other ones that serve only in the morning, from 6:00 to 10:00 in Tran Cao Van street ( opposite Tam Toa market). The price is about 15.000 VND/ bowl. Must notice the traditional grilled fish noodle shop in 109 Nguyen Chi Thanh street. Price:20.000 VND/ normal bowl and 25.000VND/ special bowl. Serving time: 6:00- 22:00, rush hour is 7:00-9:00 and 17:00- 20:00
For the best taste, pick the shop on Chau Thi Vinh Te street or Hai Phong, Duy Tan, Le Duan, Do Duc Thinh.. the price: 30.000 – 80.000 VND. Another recommendation is Mau shop, 35 Do Thuc Tinh street and Tran shop in 4 Le Duan Street
Pork Ricepaper. credit: MASK online
The price is about 5000 for each pancake, on Hoang Dieu, Hai Phong,… Ba Duong pancake shop in alley 11, Hoang Dieu, new address: K280/23 Hoang Dieu. Notes: Pay attention to the sign for the right shop
Rice cake site in Con market, Hoang Dieu, Hai Phong, Ong Ich Khiem,… is recommended. Each one costs only 1.500 VND
Rice Cake. Credit: liva.vn
Cau Mong Grilled veal
Cau Mong Grilled veal tasted best in Cau Mong, Dien Ban ward, Quang Nam province, 15 kilometers from Da Nang. Besides, there are also Cau Mong grilled veal “Ba Ngoc” on 228 Dong Da Street, and 99 Ong Ich Khiem street
Pomegranate sweet soup
There are many pomegranate sweet soup shop, but the best one is in Con market, or some in Tran Binh Trong Street, Phan Thanh street,… the price is only 5. 000 VND/glass
Pomegranate sweet soup. Credit: Cungphuot
The best one is on Ong Ich Duong street (opposite Hoa Tho textile factory), Pham Van Nghi street. The price is cheap, only 10.000 VND/ plate
The price ranging from 8.000 VND/ plate and above. The best one is near in an alley near Thang Long hotel, Dien Bien Phu street and 354 Le Duan street: 3.000- 5.000 VND per each rice paper
Grilled ricepaper. Credit: danang.gov
Sticky ice cream
Price is about 7.000- 12.000 VND/ glass on Ngo Sy Lien street, Hoa Khanh street.
In Nguyen Van Linh street, 14.000 VND/ plate
Salt yogurt and Cool jackfruit
Salt yogurt primarily served near Nguyen Van Troi bridge with very cheap price, only 10.000 VND/ tray (Each tray has jars). These shop also serve cool jackfruit alongside with salt yogurt, with the price is 5.000 VND/ bag
The average price is about 20.000 VND/ plate or above, with many delicious types of snails. The best one in on Le Doan street
Snail. Credit: MASK Online
Best places to take a picture in Da Nang
Ba Na hills tourist site
Known as a place from a fairy tale with 4 seasons, Ba Na Hills is popular with young people as one of the best check-in places in Da Nang. Large natural space, fresh green along with breathtaking scenery in Ba Na, all this will be a perfect recipe for your picture
Infinity swimming pool in A la carte hotel
Located on the highest floor of A Lar Carte hotel in My Khe beach, this swimming pool is small but very unique. It has a perfect large view of the sea, you can even enjoy your coffee here, relax and immerse in the atmosphere of the sea. The fact that this is the first infinity pool on the high floor in Viet Nam makes it the best place for a picture.
Infinity swimming pool in A la carte hotel. Credit: A La Carte
Pham Van Dong park
The park attracts tourist not just by having a romantic view of the beach, but also by the pigeons here. If you want to take a picture of the pigeons, please be at the park around 7:30 or 16:30.
There is a giant reeds field on Tho Quang street. During Autumn, the field becomes crowded with photographers. The picture of drifting in the middle of a giant reeds field is actually a wonderful idea.
The statue of Ca Chep Hoa Rong ( Carp Transforming into Dragon) and the love bridge
The statue is chosen as one of the symbols of the dock, create a beautiful scenery on the East side of Han river. The body of the carp is sculptured carefully, with the tail represent peace and harmony, while the dragon head, able to breathe out water, get the ideas from the Dragon in Ly dynasty.
Another thing worth noticed is the love bridge, known by the youth as the place to confess, promise for a bright future, making it the ideal place for young people to take a picture for the memorial purpose.
The statue of Ca Chep Hoa Rong. Credit: Ngoc Truong
Bridges in Da Nang
Da Nang can be called the city of bridges for a good reason: there are so many beautiful bridges, each one have its own beauty: Dragon Bridge, Thuan Phuoc bridge, Song Han rotating bridge.
Son Tra Peninsula
Ranging from Xanh lake to Intercontinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort, with lots of long, beautiful roads, and many ocean rock field, such as Bai But, Bai Rang,… The Penisula is an amazing place for you to take a beautiful picture.
Son Tra Peninsula. Credit: hainhy